Monday, June 1, 2015

I Love right now!

This is a special occasion. I was asked to host a challenge at Flying Unicorn this month and it's such an honor. 
The ladies there are always so supportive and ever since joining the forums there I've really learned so many more techniques. It's so much fun. Wednesday nights when they have the Ustream class it's almost like meeting up with old friends while watching one of the girls showing us how to make another masterpiece.

For my challenge I choose a two toned layout and below is the step by step process. 
I started with punching the edges. To make them stand out some more I inked them.


I had some lace and to match the colors I used mist to color it, after letting it dry, I tucked it in under the edges.


To decorate the page I wanted to use some medium, one day checking out some sites online I came across this trick to color your paste quite subtlety  by putting some ink on top of your stencil before applying the paste, this way you work the color through it while applying. 


It does look nice!


Once the paper is prepared it's time to assemble the rest of the layout.


It's been a lot of fun designing this layout and actually stop and taking pictures of every step. Something you normally don't do of course.
I hope you'll have a look at challenge and enter your own project. The RAK's are always a fun thing to receive at Flying Unicorn. 

Thanks for looking!

1 comment: