Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Prima Wall Art Contest - Celebration!




Hello Paper Friends!

Today I want to share my latest project. A watercolor panel decorated in bright springy colors.
I've been looking for a project so I could use this photo from a flower arrangement we had in our hotel while visiting the Netherlands. This turned out the perfect one.


Instead of using water colors I decided to play with the new gorgeous Art alchemy paints. They have such a beautiful sheen. I started out with the Rich Turquoise - 963231, mixing a small amount with some water and splatter it over the panel. Trying to create some running effects and splatters.


I continued with the Lime Peel - 963224 putting some on a dish with a brush and picking a stamp from the Inksplatter stamp set - 580223, using the paint as my ink spreading it over the panel. Don't forget the sides. Last color is the Pure Sunshine - 963187. For this one I used the Coffeestain stampset - 580247. The effect is quite radiant and totally matches the photo.


Now that my background was done it was time to start with the rest of decorating. I used a journal card from Royal Menagerie - 582593with some Dresden Trim. The feathers are from the Garden Fable chipboard collection - 579074. I covered the Creative Embellishment chipboard branch with brown liquid pearl.


The big blue flower is from Royal Menagerie - Mary - 583282. The yellow flowers I got from my friend Heather Thompson. So a big shout out to her for finding me some yellow Prima flowers to match the theme. They are Mini Bouquet Alyssa - 538583. I added some cheese cloth through the arrangement for an extra detail. 

The final touch was covering the pink letters of celebration with green Liquid Pearl for my title. 



This was my process of making this wallart. I hope you enjoyed it.

Thank you for looking.

Prima Wallart link to Prima Site


Watercolor Panel 8x8 - 585686
 Art Alchemy - Acrylic Paint -Rich Turquoise - 963231
 Art Alchemy - Acrylic Paint - Lime Peel - 963224
 Art Alchemy - Acrylic Paint - Pure Sunshine - 963187
Inksplatter stamp set - 580223
Coffeestain stampset - 580247
.Royal Menagerie - Journal cards 3x4 - 582593
Garden Fable chipboard collection - 579074
Royal Menagerie Flowers - Mary - 583282
Mini Bouquet Alyssa - 538583




2 comments:

  1. Fabulous canvas. All so bright and cheery, it will brighten up any room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete