Wednesday, August 31, 2016

FUL - September - OTP - Box


Hello Mixed Media and Flying Unicorn friends!
Welcome to another installment of our monthly Off the Page project. 
The Flying Unicorn kit this month has a cute this month has a cute little box. Perfect to use as a gift box or as decoration around your home.  


I always like the use the papers in our kits when working with the OTP. I lstarted of with painting the lid of the box and the top edges. I just love the Metallique paints by Prima. The sheen on them is fabulous. Lucky for us the Pink Blush was in this months kit. The paint dries quite quickly. I lined the rest of the inside of the box with the paper from the Bellarossi 6x6 collection.
After the Pink Blush paint I dry brushed the lid with 3 different paints. Very lightly mind you. I did not want to loose the pink, but did want to give it a little accent. The last was a dry coat with Gesso.
Once that was dry it was time to get the stencil out and I used it with the Graphite paste.


I had taken the hinges and lock off so I could get all the paper nicely glued under everything. I chose the black and white paper since it is a nice contrast with the pink. For a nice accent I used a Christine Adolph Rub On and a foil to give the box just that little bit more. 
Now that the box itself is decorated all that's left is some final touches on the top of the box. I used part of the Petaloo vine and a Prima flower. Some of the ribbon with Scrapiniec chipboard pieces and we're all done. 


Thank for checking in to my blog. I always appreciate your visits. 

Below the list of used items:

Flying Unicorn - Your Passion Your Art September Kit
Box from kit by 
Prima - Finnabair - Art Alchemy - Acrylic Paint - Metallique Pink Blush - 963217
Prima - Finnabair - Art Alchemy - Acrylic Paint - Metallique Brass Hardware - 963095
Prima - Finnabair - Art Alchemy - Acrylic Paint - Metallique Silver Spoon - 963101
Prima - Heavy Gesso - 961442
Prima - Texture Paste - Graphite - 961497
Prima - Stencil - Crackle - 564247
Prima - Christine Adolph - 971458
Prima - Foils - Inergalactic - 585624
Petaloo - Flora Doodles - Paper Flowering Vines -Pink - 1302-121
Prima - Rossibelle - 6x6 Collection Kit - 585440
Prima - Rossibelle - Beltain - 590499
Prima - Rossibelle - SIIC - 587345
Scrapiniec - 4297
Santoro - Pink Organza
Flying Unicorn Metal Adornment

Thank you very much for looking!


Have a scrappy day!

Are you visiting the Tallahassee area soon?
Stop in and say hello!
Plan a day trip! Crops -Classes-Fun
1168 SE Capital Circle
Tallahassee, Florida 32303
Tel: 850.270.6366 Toll Free 800.231.7119
Visit the Flying Unicorn Store! www.flyingunicornstore.com



No comments:

Post a Comment