Thursday, December 22, 2016

Prima December BAP - Christmas Lights!


Sharing with you a layout I've made for the Prima December BAP. 
I always love the sketches Riikka Kovasin makes for us. So much fun to work with. 




I've been trying to push myself to use some more mixed media lately. Sometimes it works better, sometimes it does not. I'm always happy when I manage to create a lot of layers in my work. With this layout I started with clear gesso. After that I got out the heave gesso and covered most of the page and tried to keep to the sketch with thicker patches. To get some glimmer in there I added some Snowflake paste in there too.


I cut out strips from the Sweet Peppermint collection and stuck them down resembling a funny looking Christmas tree. Hey, it's art and we can be having fun ;)!
Went over the tree with heavy gesso and once that was dry it was time to get out the Color Blooms. Now this is normally the time I give up, because my paper starts warping and I'm never happy with the result. This time I just went with it. Kept going. Dried in between the colors. Added water to make it spread, or just splattered when I felt that was what it needed. 


The Chipboard I also coated with gesso and embossing powder, sprinkling some sparkle over them and set that too. Time to get started on my layers. Using the paper, chipboard, lots of flowers, Christmas trim, string and die-cut holly leaves. For fun I decided to use the alphas in the 6x6 collection to make my title.


Around the layout also using the ephemera stickers for some fun words. To finish it all off I splattered with 13@rts white Splashink and the Carmine red Color bloom. Making it all festive and tied up in a nice little bow!


Thank you all so much for looking at my work and my blog!
I hope you all have a wonderful time this holiday season!
Wishing you a joyful Christmas with lots of love and cheer!

~ Lydia ~

Below the list with used items:

Prima - Clear Gesso - 
Prima - Snowflake Paste - 962906
Prima - Heavy Gesso - 961442
Prima - Color Bloom - Carmine Red - 582579
Prima - Color Bloom 2 - Golden Oregano - 588854
Prima - Color Bloom 2 - Fir Needles - 588847
Prima - Sweet Peppermint - 12x12 - 991357
Prima - Sweet Peppermint - 6x6 collection - 991418
Prima - Sweet Peppermint - Journaling 3x4 Notecards - 991593
Prima - Sweet Peppermint - Ephemera - 991517
Prima - Sweet Peppermint - Holiday Carols - 590635
Prima - Sweet Peppermint - Holiday Kisses - 590697
Prima - Sweet Peppermint - SIIC - 991579
Prima - Trim - Peppermint Lane - 590210

Creative Embellishments - Snowflake Frame 2
Creative Embellishments - Snowflakes
13@rts - Splashink - white
String

No comments:

Post a Comment